Sunday, August 3, 2008

Good Hair Day!

Most of the luxury spas I've visited in Asia supply "Ionic Hair Dryers" and I'd been skeptical for a very long time thinking, what the heck it minus-ion??? When I accidentally blew up my hair dryer in Singapore last year on a biz trip (I totally forgot to use the transformer, duh!) I knew it was time to try to venture for an Ionic hair dryer. Minus ions, called negative ions in the West, occur naturally in forests and streams, anywhere the water runs pure and the air is clean. Despite being unsupported by definitive medical evidence, the very presence of minus ions is widely believed to reduce stress and bring about positive feelings of well-being. The particles can be reproduced artificially by passing air over a strong electric current or through the breakdown of crystals like tourmaline, thus the birth of Ionic hair dryers! Ive been using the dryer from Panasonic (sorry, only available in Japan) and this is AMAZING. Your hair dries quicker, but still retains the moisture... I dunno how to explain but it feels like I stuck my head in some expensive hair treatment and this effect from a dryer!! Here in the U.S., Brookstone carries a nice version for $40 and is less than half of what I paid in Japan. If you wanna take care of your locks, try this and you'll thank me!

No comments: