Monday, September 1, 2008

Absolute tranquility!



Wow, never in my dreams did I imagine the Marriott could turn itself around and be better than the Four Seasons. Well, Aloha from the Marriott Wailea Maui, where I'm in total r&r mode in this fully renovated heaven. I've stayed in most of the major hotels in Maui, but am genuinely impressed by the wonderfully renovated Marriott Wailea. The three year renovation has totally transformed this place into a hotel that can compete with its neighbors like the Four Seasons and the Grand Wailea. I feel their design is similar to a W hotel, but with nicer contemporary touches that include the use of warm dark wood in their interior. However, the most impressive part of the hotel is the beautiful pool. They have multiple pools on the property, but the infinity pool is insanely beautiful and you feel like you're connected to the ocean!! The pictures here tell it all!! No wonder I ended up lounging for seven hours here today, but you really have to see it to believe it. The famous Mandara Spa is also in-house, and our hotel promotion includes a full buffet breakfast in the ocean view restaurant. The only downside is the $14 Internet connection fee, but I'm not complaining as other elements of this hotel complements for all. It's right next to the Shops at Wailea (a mall that houses Louis V, Gucci, restaurants, etc.) So convenient and so dangerous for the wallet! Ahhh, one more day to go, I'll miss this place for sure :-)