Thursday, November 20, 2008

Fashion Changes, Style Remains


Okay, so the truth about my lapse in blogging is surely not due to "writers block" but merely a recent career switch in joining a busy start up company. Believe me, I'm far from a "writers block" and in fact, have been pounding away on massive volumes of marketing/brand messaging initiatives at work with no brain power left to sustain my blog. Excuses, excuses! Oh, and did I forget to mention I pulled off a huge trade show in NY on my second week at the new job? No, no, no more excuses!!!

Well now at work, we're seriously paving way with plans for a total website overhaul for '09, and yup, everyone is shouting "we need a blog!" Yeah, yeah, I hear ya' However, I'm reluctant to just slap one on our current site as we'll need to scope out an editorial calendar and really commit to this initiative; afterall, this ain't no diary, it's a company blog... And then I realized I hadn't blogged in a looooong time, my bad, so here we go, back to "writing" about things I'm personally passionate about.

While I've a boat load of "to-do's" at the office, lately I find myself in the city (San Francisco) a lot for off-site meetings and industry events/parties. When I was in NY, the mobile CHANEL exhibit was "visiting" Central Park, but unfortunately, the line was too long and I passed on the opportunity. But now at the De Young Museum in SF, they're showing an exhibit for Yves Saint Laurent and I betcha there's lots of elegance going on there - 125 outfits on display with sketches, photos and videos shows. Don't worry, you still have time. The exhibit is from 11.01.08 - 04.05.09. The city has been all about biz and I haven't had the chance to go yet, but am definitely looking forward to a visit soon. Be dazzled! De Young claims "Fashion Changes, Style Remains," big nod.

** The image is the cover of Vogue magazine when YSL was first featured as an aspiring designer. I wonder if Phllip Lim or Thakoon will one day make it to this level....

9 comments:

Jewish Books said...

Great post love it.

Jewish Books said...

Great post love it.

Online Shopping In India said...

The article of yours left a great impression on my mind. Thanks a lot. Online Shopping India Online Shopping In India

Bath Robe Manufacturer said...

Great comments by visitors. Love your post.

Computer Repair said...

Wow. Feels great to read your blog.Actually I was searching for the same information since many days but today I am so lucky to land on your page. Thanks again for your hard work.

Famous Religious Places In India said...

Thanks great post love na

Acupressure Treatment Center In Delhi said...

Wow. Feels great to read your blog.Actually I was searching for the same information since many days but todayI am so lucky to land on your page. Thanks again for your hard work.

$1 Web Hosting said...

Great comments by visitors. Love your post.thanks again

LED Downlights said...

Feels great to read your blog.Actually I was searching for the same information since many days but todayI am so lucky to land on your page. Thanks again for your hard work.