Friday, March 23, 2012

Mochi Cream Gems

The new Mochi Cream shop in the Mitsuwa marketplace in San Jose is my new guilty pleasure. Make no mistake, this ain't no Trader Joe's mochi ice cream. Born in Japan, the flavors are to-die-for, true to the prestigious Int'l. Grand Gold Monde Award it received last year. 


These little ice balls come in an array of 24 of the most delicate and unique flavors you can ever imagine, from Double Mango, Rum Raisin, Blueberry Yogurt, Caramel Pudding, Apple Pie, Honey Cranberry, Black Sesame, White Chocolate, and more. Needless to say it was VERY hard to make my selections and I know I'll be back for more!





Don't be fooled by the tiny gem-like mochi creams, I gobbled down a couple and it's quite filling as it's made of mochi, which originates from sticky rice. If you want to read raves on Yelp, check it out here. 



Weekends are obviously crowded and I've seen long lines. I suggest trying a weekday evening after work like I did so you can take your time to make your picks, the last order closes at 7:45 pm Mon.-Sun.


Address:
Mochi Cream - in Mitsuwa Marketplace
675 Saratoga Ave. (off 280 Saratoga exit)
San Jose, CA 95129
(408)255-6699

No comments: