Thursday, May 29, 2008

Afternoon Tea


"When in Rome, do as the Romans do." I invented a new saying for myself: "When in London, do as the Brits do." A champagne afternoon tea in an English-proper trad hotel costs as much as a full course dinner in S.F. But you know me... I just can't resist anything yummy and when I was told this particular menu was a limited edition to commemorate the Chelsea Flower Show, how could I resist the invitation? Cutting our late afternoon mtg. short, my colleague and I jumped in a cab to scurry over to the lovely Claridges Hotel in St. James to meet up with the facilitator of this divine afternoon. I am lucky to have friends who are so sophisticated and know the best dining locations (love you Ms. Y.T.!) I think the pics tell the story at how beautiful the treats were. Of course the champagne was flowing and I can't remember how many seconds of the sandwiches we had, let alone keep track of the different kinds of tea we were able to try. I hate that the dollar is so weak against the pound but this was one splurge well spent!

No comments: