Thursday, May 29, 2008

My Fair Lady

I was recently in London for biz. It'd been 8 years since my last visit and I'd been yearning to go back to Fortnum & Mason, the mega-tea emporium in Piccadilly that's transformed itself into anything but just tea. Oh, my the multi-story mini department store has everything from tea, caviar, furniture to clothing! Among all the treasures this store "stores" (yeah, literally!) was a rare fragrant black tea called "Violet Pouchong" that really smells like violets, smile. I thought violets were limited to French candy or cologne, but I was proved wrong. This is definitely English-tea-meets- Fragonard and is quite unique and beautiful. It's a gorgeous tea I reserve to drink, only when I want to feel gorgeous! F&M is also celebrating it's tercentenary and released a "Tercentenary" blend (pictured here) for that as well. I received this as a gift from my fashionista friend last Christmas and was blown away by the delicate mix of Assam and Yuunan and the beautiful can. Sure Fortnum & Mason is a high-end brand, but they haven't been around since 1707 for nothin' (giggle!) No worries, you can order online outside of UK so you don't have to fly there each time. They make nice gifts too so stack up!


No comments: