Thursday, May 29, 2008

R-Rated Muppets

My biz trip to London was full of serious mtgs, but all stress was blown away when we were treated to this super funny musical, Avenue Q. It's muppets gone wild and R-rated (almost X-rated in some scenes!) and a perfect alternative to a movie date. Coincidentally the theater was just across the street from our flashy Phillippe Starck hotel, St. Martins Lane. When I heard our conference agenda had a "Tuesday evening event" I was skeptical at first and debated if I should come up with an excuse to go dining with my local friend. But the muppet posters I've been walking by everyday had piqued my interest and heck, it was free! Without much anticipation I joined the outing and was blown away by the hilarious dialogue and musical scores. I didn't know muppets could be so funny! Not to give away too much, of course the muppets are cleverly controlled by humans on stage, but they live in Brooklyn and are fired, broke but care-free and have their own dilemmas despite being little monsters. If you're in the mood for a fun night out, I highly recommend this Tony award winning show. Sure if you live in London or Manhattan, they're playing daily but they're touring the U.S. this year so you may be in luck!

No comments: