Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Flippty Flop



Summer is definitely here! Every weekend I'm pitter-patting all over the place with a few of my favorite flip flops I acquired this year. Since I've been getting soooooo many compliments, here are the flip flops of 2008 that I highly recommend. C'mon these aren't just for the beach or post-pedicures anymore, they're totally qualified for town and will go well with your cute shorts or cool jeans or sweats. Flip flops have now gradutated the beach and are dominating my shoe rack.



I jumped into the Tory Burch NY flagship store in SoHo one afternoon, when a sudden downpour of thunder, lightning and heavy rain spoiled our shopping spree. Soaked in wet feet, I bumped into the last pair of this gorgeous patent leather flip flop, with a camelia flower motif and a gold Tory button in my size. Lucky me, they were on sale too! $175 -> $105. Every time I wear them, EVERYONE loves them and will stop me to ask where I got them. On Tory's online store, they're still on sale in many colors so get yours while they last!!!



I didn't realize those rubber, everyday flip flops was a "branded" item till I read about it on In-Style Magazine. I still can't pronounce the name correctly but it is spelled "Havaianas." Did you bite your tongue??? When Cameron Diaz said these were the only flip flops she cherishes, I was sold! In NY, I came across a solid yellow color on sale for $8!!!! Of course I snatched it and this was the start of my Havaianas collection circa 2008. So recently, when I encountered the Heart motif flip flops, I HAD to have it and got them for a mere $15 on sale! I wear my yellow to go fetch stuff in my mail box, and I wear my hearts in the yard. Yes! My Havaianas each have a specific role just like your kitchen tools. Now to find one for my gym and another for my pedicures....The heart Havaianas are pretty much sold out but you can still get it at sleepyheads.com. It seems to have been featured in Oprah so no wonder these are hard to come by! Lucky me!

1 comment:

fffabulous said...

Those Tory Burch Sandals are absolutely adorable!!! Great pick:)