Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Jammy, yummy hostess gift

How many parties have you been invited to for the Fourth? I bet they're all BBQs right? While I still have to figure out how to juggle my schedule, one party I can't miss is a very cute "Tea Party." My Barefoot Contessa a.k.a. Ina Garden-esque friend is a HUGE tea connoisseur and just returned from India with lots of tea. Of course the Fourth is all about the macho BBQ all over town and she knows she can't compete as she lives in a condo. So cleverly, she's designed a cute tea party for people to swing by between BBQs. So smart! I'll bring a bottle or wine or a pack of beer for the BBQs, but what do you bring to a "Tea Party"????? Ah, I have the perfect gift in mind!


One hostess gift that's always been a hit is the Fauchon Strawberry Jam. C'mon, it's a Fauchon jam, not some ordinary jelly that sits in Safeway. This is the most sophisticated flavor I've ever tasted in any jam and you won't disappoint! Perfect with scones, waffles, yogurt or anything that needs jam or pairs well with Srawberry. For sure you'll be swarmed with questions on where you got this item and feel like a Queen. To spill the secret, it's available in the U.S. at Neiman Marcus stores for about $12. Yup, very affordable! If you're ever at loss on a nice hostess gift, just remember this one as any house needs a jar of jam, right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you! I got it today for myself and it is YUMMY.