Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Watch Out!

Bummer, bummer, bummer! My Bvlgari watch stopped out of the bloooo and I was sure it was the battery. Well the verdict was "I'm afraid your watch needs a whole movement replacement" and I ended up getting a $590 repair estimate from a over-priced Jewelery shop in the Stanford Mall!!!! Furthermore, they said Bvlgari no longer has parts so $590 is just for a random movement by a no-name!!! Are you kidding? I can buy Louis V sunglasses. I instantly took the watch to Menlo Clock Works and got it done for $370 instead! From all of this, I learned that you have to "watch out" for battery leaks and replace the battery every 12 months. Don't wait till it stops! Leaks usually happen after 12 months of wear with a new battery, and is the most popular reason for wrist watch repair (aside from dropping the watch in water.) I highly recommend we listen to the pros. I learned the hard way and will make sure to spend $30 a year to avoid such situations in the future. Sigh.

1 comment:

fffabulous said...

Glad your watch issue got resolved. That's why I love Rolex watches and their automatic movement so much;)