Sunday, July 20, 2008

Stylish basics Italiano-style!



I'm a sucker for cool designs and my favorite house ware & kitchen line is Italy's ALESSI. Every room in my home has something from ALESSI, be it an alarm clock, coffee spoon, paper towel holder, cat dish, etc., etc. ALESSI contracts famous designers from all over the world and churns out amazing sleek contemporary products of utmost quality and cute designs. The best fact is they're all quite affordable and make nice gifts. For years I've been adding a few items here antd there and my collection is still growing! Lucky me, there's an ALESSI store in San Francisco @ Union Square that showcases mosst of their main and new products. It's a very nice store a.k.a. showroom, worthy of a visit for sure!

Here are two of the many basic items in my kitchen, coincidentally designed by the same designer, Stefano Giovannoni.

Just slide your paper towel center over the carrot and adjust the bunny against the paper towel. It totally adds a whimsical look to my sleek granite counter top and is easy to clean as it's made out of plastic. I smile every time I tear off my paper towel! You can get it online at hivemodern.com.

2) Mami Series Pans (right image)
Sure I've splurged on a full-line of All-Clad pots and pans, but of all the pans I've used, the Mami series I stumbled on last year is the king has thef best design and size variety. The ergonomically well-designed handle is round, hollow and easy to hold. The small pan I got for my birthday serves well for omelette's, and I recently bought the wok-style deep pan for my everyday sautéeing. You can purchase separate lids for these pans and will surely not regret this investment!

Do you want a cool kitchen? Just start by collecting these items and you'll be sure to impress your friends. Cooking skills unnecessary!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Hello, How do I get in touch with you? There is no email or contact info listed .. please advise .. thanks .. Mary. Please contact me maryregency at gmail dot com