Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Lolitas in training

My tropical vacation in Puerto Rico continued on to vacation Part 2 in NYC, my fave town! Having lived there for 3 yrs. with an office down the block from Tiffany and Barneys NY, I thought I was the one that got to live the high life in total luxury. Agh, was I sooooo wrong!!

In NYC for some, luxury seems to start much earlier in life. While my friend and I were enjoying a late lunch around 3 pm at Fred's inside Barneys NY, I noticed some of the other tables were filled with teenagers in their uniform sporting Chanel sunglasses, Pucci hair bands, Louis bags. Hmmm.... We hit the shoe floor where racks of summer sales with Pradas, Louboutins and Manolos were piled up and what do we witness? Another group of teenage gals in uniforms trying out boxes and boxes of shoes galore, skipping around in those delicate heels rejoicing in delight. To top it off, a couple of Barneys shoe fitters are totally waiting on them. I seriously couldn't believe my eyes and never realized Barneys was an extended cafeteria and playground for the nearby private schools. Alas, I finally understood why Tiffany sells silver pacifiers and $100+ baby dishes!! I wouldn't be surprised if AMEX came out with a Paris Hilton AMEX card soon; the mini-black AMEX for teenage spending sprees... wish I had one!

Recommendations on NYC restaurants coming in tomorrow's blog!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lolitas indeed! You don't get to see this kind of show in San Francsico very often... Must be unique to NYC... Quite entertaining...