Friday, June 6, 2008

Spin the Sugar!

I'm heading out to Puerto Rico and NYC for a long-awaited vacation! I can't wait to sip the cocktails at this mega-gorgeous resort and party on! So here's a pre-vacation blog till I return on 6/15. Yeah! I'm going totally leaving my laptop behind!

So I know I'm contradicting myself when I just blogged about a diet-aid pill but this is too sweet to pass! When I met my colleague in London, he kindly gave me a box of sweets called "Dragon Beard Candy" that he brought with him from Hong Kong. Dragon what?? I was pretty clueless on what to expect. Opening the box and popping one in my mouth, OMG, this is the most delicate candy I've ever had and sooooo decadent! The candy is in a form of hand spun malt sugar that's traditional in China, and wrapped around yummy chopped roasted peanuts, sesame and coconut. Ha! I caught you drooling already. The Chinese invented this for the emperor about 2,000 years ago, good taste! Very fine strands of sugar give the appearance of a fine beard – hence its name. You're thinking, "Hmmm, you never offered me one to try." Sorry, it was gone way before I unpacked my suitcase. But have no fear, I found a site in the U.S. where you can order. Quantities are limited so hurry and get yours!
http://www.yuzumura.com/pc

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It seems "Tarutare"(i don't know in Koria)which given from my friend as a Souvenir from Koria.may be very similar to this.
I still remember that it was tasty.