Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Women Who Rock!




Pretty girl Anne Hathaway's (actress in Devil wears Prada) 29 yr. old financier beau made it on the front page of Wall Street Journal today. Only catch is, he's been charged with funding a lavish lifestyle by using $$$ from a fund that was supposed to redevelop surplus Catholic Church properties. Shame on you, Raffaello Follieri!!! We're really happy there is news that cute Anne has split and that your bail was set at $21 MM. Money can be better spent and here's one example.

I only knew a handful of people when I moved to the bay area and wanted more local gal pals. Where can I find them...? I learned about the Jr. League volunteer organization and there they were! The most intelligent, caring and warm hearted women who rock! Thanks to the experiences I've had and the great friends I've made, I can't endorse volunteering and social contribution enough. Hey I'm no socialite and can't throw $$$$$ fund raisers but there are many ways to show you care by contributing time and effort. Last year I was on a committee that teams up with the Bring-me-a-book Foundation and we taught lower income family parents how important it is to read to your child. I loved the efforts and learned alot so I am continuing on this same committee again this year.
The underlying criteria to be a member is that you're a positive-minded person and you care. Oh, and we can't forget... you have to be female ...sorry guys! We donate time, effort and money to various causes, just cuz because we can and it feels so good :-) Well, the League (more than a hundred years old) is soliciting new members for this year (the year starts in Aug.) If you're interested and want to make a difference, go click the link and apply! For our mid-Peninsula & Palo Alto org., we have several fun Open Houses from June-Aug. (6/25, 7/12, 8/14) for potential new members. Join us or donate and feel like Angelia Joilie!

Aside from our regular activities, in private we shop, dine, smile and hug.
Yes, it's that kind of quality organization full of women who rock!!!

http://www.thejuniorleague.org/paloalto/npo.jsp?pg=home

No comments: