Sunday, June 1, 2008

Plz don't stop the music, Rihanna style!

In hindsight, I admit the Sex And The City movie was just a prelude to a super fun weekend, but boy did we kick it up a notch! On Sat. after splurging at Neimans on some new shoes from Loeffler Randall (I still can't prononce the first name) I was invited to tag along to a very nice "European" dinner party with lots of great guests, home made paella, gaspacho and sangria in the city. Post party we hopped over to Azul and danced the nite away till the lights came on at 2 a.m. Guess the D.J. ignored Rihanna's plea of Please Don't Stop the Music. Bummer! We could've been there forever. While I improvised my-own-style salsa at times (a.k.a. just swing with the beat) I'm envious of my friends who were born to Salsa and darned I never took it seriously! My upcoming vacation to Puerto Rico calls for some serious practice. Knowing my avid Salsa dancer friends would rather sleep on the dance floor, I realize I've a lot of catching up to do. So I'm looking forward to my Tue. Salsa lesson to make sure I don't step on the toes of my new amigos in Puerto Rico. Shall we dance?

No comments: