Thursday, June 26, 2008

Mingle!


My friends are so social, I luv em'. Last night I was introduced to a fun global "social" site where folks can register to various groups of interest and attend social meetups.

meetup.com is the name (duh!) and they've got tons of interest groups all over the world. I used to use socialdomain.com for local events, but this has some basic profiles, etc. and is kinda like Y! Groups with physical meetup events. I checked the event calendars of various groups and can say that a lot of them are quite active with many attendees. You can search for groups in your area based on keywords, or click on folks that are members of other groups to see what they've joined.

I joined the Palo Alto Wine Meetup and the Third Thursday: Social Media in Marketing & PR. Like I said, they're global so there are many groups in Tokyo, Europe, etc There's even a Vampire group (what the heck??) Go mingle!

No comments: