Friday, June 27, 2008

Silicone is in!! But not for your boobs....












Thanks to my Cordon Bleu trained cooking mentor Mrs. K, I got into cooking when I was in NYC. Since then, I've had some hit and misses and am pretty picky on cooking utensils these days. For the last few years, silicone (non-stick) is no longer the object of affection for women who want to "bust" (yeah, literally.) They've actually made their way into our kitchens in many shapes and forms!

So here are a few I've found useful, and there's a mutual common element with silicone: they're soft, come in various sizes, nice-to-touch and totally get the job done!

I got most of my tools at Sur La Table, Williams Sonoma and Marshalls in the U.S., but you can get them on Amazon or other online stores. Refresh your kitchen tools and dazzle your guests

1. Tong (Orka brand)
I use this the most, almost every time I cook. Flippin' stuff on the grill, stirring my pasta... but the best use is tossing delicate salad leaves! These come in different lengths so I own a short and long one.

2. Basting Brush (Orka brand)
Good for pastry, basting, etc., this is the BEST brush I've ever owned. They come in various lengths so I have one for the kitchen and one for my BBQ grill. Soooo easy to clean it's unbelievable!


3. Pot Clip Utensil Holder (Trudeau brand)
Just clip them on the side of your pot and you've got an instant utensil holder! The picture says it all... it's so smart!

No comments: