Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Watch out Williams Sonoma!

My fffabulous friend reminded me I hadn't blogged about this wonderful store we came acroos, so here it is! Italian star chef Michael Chiarello, former owner of Tra Vigne in Napa, has embraced Los Gatos, yeah! But it's not a restaurant he opened, it's the retail store that showcases his line of cooking utensils, custom spices and wonderful cooking/home related items he imports from Italy and beyond. I came across his second cookbook before he got his show on Food Network and some of my fave Italian recipes are from his book. He's a firm believer of grey salt (vs. kosher) and you can now buy this at his store vs. paying s&h fees for an online order. My patio furniture is also from his catalog of years back and is still in great condition. I've had the pleasure of meeting the chef in person when my company hosted his recipe for lunch in our cafeteria (yeah, we're spoiled!) I can tell you this is a great place to shop if you're tired of the typical Williams Sonoma.

Now, if only they would serve a glass of his wine while we shop.

Napa Style Los Gatos
32 North Santa Cruz Ave. Los Gatos, CA 95030 (408) 354-1119
Monday thru Saturday: 10am - 7pm
Sunday: 11am - 6pm

No comments: